William Shakespeare stated that: ” All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms.
Then the whining schoolboy,……….. “.
On this stage, I seem to be perplexed by the ironies that life presents along my way. We all have friends that share videos or links related to videos on whatsapp. There is a high probability, that you, just like me, rarely watch or click the links. However, thanking God for the stage member that created emojis , we reply to our friends based on the “potential” of the video. Occasionally, you have found yourself sending a smiley emoji when probably the video was about the death of someone.
However, exit that stage and please join me on unearthing several life ironies that I found quite intriguing based on a video sent by someone. Before we begin, my gratitude to that someone 🙂
- Costly watches, but no time
- Many humans, less humanity
- High income, less peace of mind
- Multiple affairs, no true love
- More alcohol, less water
- Big house, small family
- More degrees, less common sense
- Advanced medicine, poor health
- We touched the moon as men, neighbours unknown
- High IQ, less emotions
- More knowledge, less wisdom
- Heaps of virtual friends eg. Facebook, no real friends to hangout with. Just maybe:
- More texting, less connecting
- More power banks, less battery charge
- More power, less control
- More options, less choices
- More wishes, fewer horses
- More of Baba, less of Mama
- More masculine, less manly
- Bigger breasts & bigger hips, less heart
- More touch, less feel
- More material, less substance
- More spending, less income.
- More church, less christianity And Swaleh Mdoe the Kenyan Shakespeare said, “Tafakari hayo….”